Last night we launched the latest version of AnyHow (version 1.3.2.) We released 1.3.1 about 6 weeks ago but didn't write about it as it was mostly small cosmetic and bug fixes. We'll include some of those here just for transparency.
Here are some of the things that were released since our last announcement.
These are some of the bigger features or changes we've rolled out.
Automation: Discussing Posts
With the world currently in lock down and more companies than ever have staff working from home we decided to tackle something that has been on our list for a while. Automated discussion posts.
This let's organizations schedule automated posts to use for check-ins, status updates, general discussion (catching up w/ team mates), or whatever you'd want to use discussions for. Like all other automation tools you have full control over the start time/date and interval.
Google Sign In / Registration
You can now login, or register, by using your Google account. Simply click the Sign In/Up with Google button and once you authenticate at Google you'll be redirected to your AnyHow account.
Note: If your google email address isn't registered to your AnyHow account then you will end up with a new account being created. To add email addresses to your AnyHow account just click the user menu in the top right corner and click "Manage Email Addresses."
We completely rebuilt how we generate PDF's from invoices and other screens. It's an entirely new process. You know the saying: out with the old, in with the new.
The goal of this project was to have more design control over PDF's we generate. The new generator will allow us to offer templates for various downloads for all our users. For instance, invoice templates, allowing you to choose which design works best for your company. That's in the works and should be out very soon!
Here is a quick run down of some of the minor changes we've made that you may notice.
- New organization manage page that has quick view of earnings, active projects and employees, invoice stats, etc.
- Added read receipts for discussions. You can now see which posts are new and which have been updated or replied to. Makes it quick to get caught up on what you've missed.
- WYSIWYG editor font size increase (you can actually see it now :p)
- Export of invoice listings, filtered or not, in CSV and PDF format.
- Ability to enable a public URL and/or associate timelogs for invoices already paid (previously once paid you couldn't toggle these options.)
- New organizations will now have a default wiki root page created for them.
- You can now "@mention" team mates within wiki articles and expect the same behavior as in discussions.
- Timesheet approval flow is now more pleasant. We took out a couple annoying and unnecessary steps.
- General UI improvements
Here is a list of the bugs we've fixed. We didn't list all of them because most you wouldn't have noticed or they may be very technical and explaining them here wouldn't make a lot of sense.
- Invoice edit had a few bugs where various actions would cause the invoice layout tables to break.
- Bug where clicking internal wiki links would open the link in a new tab.
- Bug where submitting a client invoice to more than one recipient would have the invoice template variables missing for the 2nd+ recipients. This was a bug we caught fairly quickly and pushed a patch out immediately.
- Removed a handful of invalid time zones from the organization and user settings options.
We have a long road map for AnyHow and we will continue to improve it and roll out new features as fast as we can.
As always if you have any issues please or requests just head to the support page and let us know. We're here to help.